International Conference on EU-China Environmental Research Collaboration
Dates and Time: 14 December, 09:00 - 15 December 2012, 14:00
Location: China Hall of Science and Technology, Beijing, China
The International Conference on EU-China Environmental Research Collaboration will feature state-of-the-art research on various disciplines of environmental sciences from prestigious scientists in the EU and China, as well as lessons and experience learnt on EU-China collaborations. There is also a session on the current Chinese environmental research infrastructure, future collaboration funding opportunities and roadmap on key technologies on environmental research. The conference aims to attract EU and Chinese environmental research experts and policy makers who would like to be informed about current environmental research trends on atmosphere, climate change, water, soil and biodiversity, EU-China research cooperation and initiatives, as well as strategic development plans and roadmaps for future collaboration opportunities from the EC and China.
The conference will last for one and half days.
Keynote speakers (confirmed):
- Prof. David Butler, Professor of Water Engineering and Associate Dean for Research, University of Exeter, UK
- Prof. Trevor Davies, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, University of East Anglia, UK/ Deputy Director for International Activities, Tyndall Centre.
- Prof. Jürgen Kropp, Head of Climate Change and Development, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
- Dr Prashant Kumar, Senior lecturer, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Surrey, UK
- Prof. Rosalind Malcolm, Environmental Lawyer, Barrister, Guildford Chambers/Director of Environmental Regulatory Research Group, University of Surrey, UK
- Prof. MENG Wei, Academician, President of Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences, China
- Ms. Lisen Runsten, Programme Officer, Climate Change and Biodiversity, United Nations Environment Programme, World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC)
- Prof. Clive Sabel, Professor of Climate Change & Health, College of Life & Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, UK
- Prof. TANG Xiaoyan, Professor, Peking University/ Vice President, Chinese Society of Environmental Sciences, China
- Dr Gergely Tóth, Land Resource Management Unit, Institute for Environment and Sustainability, European Commission, Joint Research Centre
- Prof. Alfred Wiedensohler, Head of the Research Group "Tropospheric Aerosol", Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research, Leipzig, Germany
To register for the conference, please first complete the form here.
The conference is free to attend.
- First name (exactly on the passport)
- Surname (on the passport)
- Title (on the passport)
- Date of Birth
- Passport number
- Date of first entry
- Number of entries
- Intended length of stay
- Postal address for the invitation letter
Please bear in mind, deadline for applying for such letter is 15 November 2012.